On nights like tonight, I'm definitely in "the zone" when it comes to cooking dinner. Both girls were absolutely shattered after their days at nursery and school and could barely stay awake and Mr. B. was busy preparing to go out for the evening so I wanted to get dinner done quickly and with no fuss. I cooked this meal as I knew that it would perk both of the girls up as it is one of their favourite dishes.
Honey Mustard Chicken and Sweetcorn Tagliatelle - Serves 2-3 people
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 7 minutes
200g dried tagliatelle
1 pouch Green Giant Express Sweetcorn
2 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
1 dessert spoon clear honey
1 dessert spoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1. Boil the pasta according to the instructions.
2. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and fry until browned - this will take around 5 minutes.
3. With about 1 minute to spare, cook the Green Giant sweetcorn pouch in the microwave, according to the instructions.
4. Sprinkle the chilli powder and lemon juice into the frying pan with the chicken. Stir in the mustard and honey until well coated.
5. To serve, sprinkle the chicken and cooked sweetcorn over the pasta.